· Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 1 to 3 days prior to your treatment.
· Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment
· You must NOT have recently had laser treatments
· Must NOT be on accutane for at least 6 months
· Clients who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen injections, should wait two to three weeks before doing microdermabrasion.
· Refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a weeks prior to microdermabrasion treatment.
While a microdermabrasion treatment is a non-invasive, gentle procedure, it may result in some temporary side effects, including:
· Pink or red complexion
· Feeling that the skin is sunburned
· Slight skin tightness
· Bruised or sensitive sensation
Note: During a microdermabrasion recovery, patients generally experience immediate improvements, but optimal results will not be visible until you have completed all recommended treatments.
While microdermabrasion is not a particularly invasive procedure, your skin will be sensitive after the treatment. To ensure safe and satisfactory results, it’s important to follow the following recovery tips:
· Use a rich moisturizer once you have thoroughly dried the skin after washing it with cool water only. Continue to use it for 4-6 days after your treatment as this will prevent any excessive peeling.
· Use sunscreen every time you go out (even if it is an overcast day). This is important because microdermabrasion increases photosensitivity.
· Stay out of the sun for at least a week after your microdermabrasion treatment to prevent UV rays from causing hyperpigmentatation or damaging your skin.
· Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water and eating fruits and vegetables with a high water content.
· AVOID scratching or picking at the treatment area.
· DO NOT use any harsh chemicals, rub or tan your skin for at least one week following the procedure.